Here is what you need to do:
- Read the short introduction in your native language
- Go through the useful documents for tips & ideas, and read the terms and conditions
- Click here to register your team
- Read the information about proposal submission
- Look at the Frequently Asked Questions
- Contact us if you need assistance and advice
The competition is for teams of high-school students aged 16 and up. Teams can be composed of at least 5 students with at least one adult supervisor, or "coach". Up to nine of the team members and one or two coaches would come to CERN to run the team's experiments. Proposals will be pre-selected by a committee of CERN scientists and the shortlist will be sent to the SPSC, the committee that validates all proposals for experiments at the laboratory’s SPS and PS accelerators.
Student teams should carefully study the information about the beamline and experimental facilities and tell us why they think they should win the chance to carry out experiments at the world’s leading laboratory for particle physics.